Friday 24 September 2010

An Introduction

This is my travel diary, I'm a middle aged mildly obsessive frequent flyer whose idea of a good weekend away involves a couple of nice meals out, a couple of nice walks, an art gallery and lots of photos of the built environment. I also like exploring public transport systems and very occasional late nights out.

I'm based in Birmingham, England and I mainly fly Star Alliance airlines out of BHX - mainly to Mitteleuropa, although I do like the odd bit of long haul and I don't like my long haul in Economy Class. I have a moderately silly amount of miles banked with Miles and More which I'm saving for a truly spectacular birthday trip for a friend in a couple of years.

I mainly stay in four star type hotels, I used to stay in Hiltons virtually no matter what and was a Diamond member for a few years. These days I still stay in Hilton's but mainly because I like that particular hotel. I do, however,  get twitchy if I'm not collecting miles or points for a stay somewhere.

In 2011, I'm going to try and make Lufthansa's Senator Status on my own dime without resorting to obsessive mileage runs and still having a bit of a break on each trip. I think I can do it, but it's going to be close.



No comments:

Post a Comment