Sunday 1 July 2012

Hilton London Tower Bridge

No really exciting trips recently, but a quick Hilton review for you.


I just did a couple of nights at the Hilton London Tower Bridge, mainly because I'd seen a lot of good reviews on Flyertalk and secondly because the Doubletree was north of £250 a night for that weekend. The Hilton was somewhat less :-)

Firstly, the bad bit and there is only one, I was offered an upgrade to Exec Floor but declined it because it wasn't a smoking room. The hotel has 10 smoking rooms on the 4th floor, but the one they gave me was a pretty nice room - large bathroom, decent sized bedroom for London, considering it was street facing - a very quiet room and it had a large opening window. 


The good bits were a high standard of customer service - excellent recognition on greeting, follow up call to make sure the room was OK. Welcome gift (sadly with nuts, so left behind) and complementary water, check out was good as well with a real feeling that they cared about my stay.


The exec lounge was very nice, although it was absolutely rammed on the Saturday night, but the staff worked quickly and efficiently to keep everything moving. A decent continental breakfast (nice smoothies, good bread) and evening snacks were hot indian snacks, a large caesar salad (good) and a pretty decent range of drinks.


I indulged in room service on the Friday night due to a late arrival, the menu contained a number of different and interesting items, but I settled for a Club Sandwich which is one of those acid tests. It came promptly and was pretty good - I'd give it 8/10, bonus for good bacon, bonus for still runny egg, small minus for the chunky fries which were not more than OK. 


Anyway, with a good location (5 mins walk down Tooley St) from London Bridge Tube, lots of shops nearby and lots of places to eat (and 10 mins from Borough Market), I can see me returning next time I'm in London.

No comments:

Post a Comment