Saturday 15 January 2011

Brisbane Hilton

I have always liked the Brisbane Hilton, whilst a older hotel, it offers excellent customer service with very friendly and helpful staff. I was given a room on the smoking floor with access to the Executive lounge.  The rooms have been renovated, but unfortunately they still have the old showers. However, the refresh is welcome and the internet no longer drops out every five minutes. The lounge is very nice, with staff in the evenings now offering hot selections as well and I recommend the cake with afternoon tea – especially if the banana custard tarts are on.

I was personally greeted by the customer services manager, who brought a cake (yum) and a bottle of wine (declined, I can’t drink more than two small glasses at the moment). Laundry was taken and returned very swiftly.

Lounge Breakfast at the Hilton suits me down to the ground, rarely varying from two long blacks, a vanilla and cinnamon smoothie, some mango and pineapple, some sourdough bread and cheese. They had a particularly nice blue cheese very similar to Cashel Blue, I should have found out the name. By the second day, my drinks preferences had been noted and would be prepared for me on entering the lounge.

I only did evening snacks once, but as well as a fine selection of cold items, the extremely friendly staff came round to offer hot items from a short menu. You can also get Room Service to the lounge which is a nice touch.

Housekeeping were very prompt and efficient (except for New Years Day and that’s very understandable) and turndown service was offered every evening.

Again, another very good stay at this hotel and I would not hesitate to return, the customer-facing skills are very good here, although I must do one night at the Conrad one day to collect the teddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment